Seeking approval to recruit
All vacancies whether externally or internally funded need to follow a certain process before they can be advertised.
The key stages of the process are:
- A job description and person specification will need to be written
- The post may need to be evaluated if it is new or has changed significantly
- Approval to proceed with advertising the post is required:
- for internal posts, through the Staff Vacancy Review Group
- for externally funded posts, by the Head of Department
From HR receiving the final job description and person specification, the approval to recruit process will take approximately two weeks.