Shortlisting & interviewing
Candidates for interview must be shortlisted against the criteria set out in the person specification for the vacancy. Remember that other selection techniques as well as interviews can be used as part of the assessment process.
Key stages of the process
- Shortlisting needs to be carried out by members of the interview panel
- HR will liaise with all the candidates on the outcome of the shortilsting process
- Interview arrangements should be made by the Recruiting Department
- References will be sought for all shortlisted candidates by HR in advance of the selection process
- The selection process is held
Usually 10 working days are needed between the closing date for a vacancy and the interview. Setting the interview date at the outset of the campaign can help to speed up the process.