Apply for research postgraduate funding
Before applying for funding
Please note the following:
- There are a limited number of schemes and so the process is extremely competitive. Successful applicants will normally have:
- an extremely strong first degree
- a complete research proposal and references
- a strong application
- Studentships comprise Tuition Fees and Stipend (living expenses), whilst Scholarships comprise Tuition Fees only. Both may cover full or partial costs, as well as other funds such as Training Support Fees/Grants.
- All scholarships and studentships are only available to new applicants (existing research students cannot apply).
- It is essential that applicants have sufficient funding in place before they start their degree to cover Tuition Fees (MRes+PhD (1+3) is listed under Taught Fees, MPhil and PhD (+3) is listed under Research Fees) and Stipend (living expenses).
- For further details of PGR Studentships & Scholarships. Please ensure you carefully read the Terms & Conditions & Criteria.
You can apply for any of the research postgraduate funding opportunities by completing the Funding Request Form.
Applicants only need to complete the Funding Request form once, even if you would like to be considered for multiple awards.