- Each academic department will establish:
Department Executive Committee
Department Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee
Department Research Committee
Department Staff/Student/Liaison Committee(s)
Department Staff Meeting
- This Structure will be routinely supported by the administrative
staff of each department.
- Additional committees/working parties/other groups may be established
at the discretion of the Head of Department. However, any
arrangements for support beyond those of the standard structure
above are subject to negotiation and agreement with the Dean and
Director of Administration.
- In the case of a small department (e.g. Department of Chemical
Engineering), the Head of Department may choose to establish some
committees with common membership so that the business of each
committee can effectively be combined by holding a series of short
meetings over (say) one morning.
- It is recognised that a number of Joint Committees are currently
in existence (e.g. IMML Joint Committee). The future arrangements
for these bodies will be reviewed by the Deans and Directors of
Administration of each faculty/school concerned.
- The Industrial Advisory Boards operated by the Faculty of Engineering
and Design will continue to operate as previously.
- Staff from the faculty will attend meetings at departmental
level as appropriate to maintain communication and co-ordination
between the faculty and department (for example, where matters
for consideration have implications for the faculty as a whole).
- The minutes of meetings of Department Committees will be available on request to all members of staff within each department.
Approved by Senate
wef 1st October 2012