The Learning, Teaching and Quality
Committee is responsible to Senate for the maintenance, development
and enhancement of high academic standards and an excellent taught
student learning experience.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee, please contact Delia Bean (ext 5258, email D.Bean@bath.ac.uk).
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Professor B Morley||Chair, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching)||
|Mr A Wright||One Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Engineering and Design||
|Dr P Lambert||One Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences||
|Professor G Price||One Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Science||
|Dr R Kamm||Head of Learning, Teaching and Quality, School of Management||
|Mr Chris Clements||One Sabbatical Officer nominated by the Students' Union||
|Mr Alex Pool||One Sabbatical Officer nominated by the Students' Union||
|Dr A Evans||One current or former Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Engineering and Design nominated by the Dean of Engineering and Design||
|Dr T Skinner||One current or former Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences nominated by the Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences||
|Dr F Laughton||One current or former Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Science nominated by the Dean of Science||
|Mr Michael Willis||One current or former Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the School of Management nominated by the Dean of Management||
|Dr J Darling||One National Teaching Fellow employed by the University nominated by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching)||
The following Officers routinely attend meetings of the Committee:
|Mr A Lee||Director of BUCS|
|Ms K Robinson||Librarian|
|Ms M Woodward||Heads of Learning Partnerships|
|Dr J Harris||Deputy Academic Registrar|
|Ms G Van Der Velden||Director of Learning and Teaching Enhancement|
|Mr J Macdonald||Head, Student Learning Experience and Quality, (LTEO)|
|Ms K Anagnostopoulou||Head of E-Learning|
|Dr H King||Head of Academic Staff Development|
|Dr H Dunbar-Morris||Executive Officer, Teaching and Learning, VC's Office|
|Mrs W Hopkins||Quality Enhancement Officer, LTEO|
|Ms C Slack||Students' Union Representation and Research Co-ordinator|
- To develop the University’s Learning and Teaching Strategy for approval by Senate and be responsible for implementation of the Strategy. The Committee will promote innovation and good practice in learning, teaching and assessment (including the allocation and monitoring of the University’s Teaching Development Fund) and ensure effective student engagement in the development and enhancement of the student learning experience.
- To oversee the University’s quality assurance and enhancement framework including approval of revisions to the Quality Assurance Code of Practice, New Framework for Assessment, Assessment Regulations and credit framework as delegated by Senate.
- To formulate new policies and initiatives in response to regional, national and international developments in learning, teaching and assessment (including e-learning and e-assessment initiatives), quality assurance and enhancement practice and student engagement, for approval by Senate.
- To develop and promote initiatives which further align quality assurance and enhancement processes and underpin the institutional approach to quality management, centred on reliance on sound academic principles in the design and delivery of learning and teaching, the importance of the informed student voice and rigorous peer review.
- To consider and determine the direction for staff development provision in support of quality of teaching, learning and assessment practice, academic guidance and learner support (on the recommendation of Academic Staff Development Sub-Committee and subject to consultation with Academic Staff Committee where appropriate)
- To receive and consider overview reports and data in relation to operation of the quality framework, academic standards, student progression and achievement, collaborative provision and key aspects of the student learning experience. The Committee will disseminate good practice and address significant issues arising from these reports and data with reference to Senate as appropriate.
- To consider and determine matters relating to careers and the employability of students (including provision for placement learning and work-based learning).
- Tuesday 9th July 2013
- Thursday 30th May 2013
- Tuesday 26th March 2013
- Tuesday 22nd January 2013
- Tuesday 6th November 2012
- Tuesday 25th September 2012
- Tuesday 10th July 2012
- Thursday 31st May 2012
- Tuesday 27th March 2012
- Tuesday 24th January 2012
- Friday 18th November 2011
- Tuesday 27th September 2011
- Wednesday 13th July 2011
- Tuesday 24th May 2011
- Tuesday 15th March 2011
- Tuesday 8th February 2011
- Tuesday 18th November 2010
- Tuesday 5th October 2010
Please note that the summaries and minutes of meetings of the Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee published above exclude information which the University has declared will not be routinely published under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information about the Act (including the reasons why such information is exempt from publication) is available at http://www.bath.ac.uk/foi/faqs-staff-general.htm. If you have any queries about business conducted by the Committee and cannot find reference to it in the summaries/minutes published here, please contact Delia Bean (ext 5258, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Membership: The term of office for nominated members of the Committee is three years (renewable). In the event that a nominated member ceases to be eligible to serve, a replacement to serve for the remainder of their term of office will be nominated (renewable).
Co-option: At the discretion of the Committee in accordance with Senate Standing Order 16.
Alternates: Permitted in accordance with Senate Standing Order 17.
Quorum: One third of the membership of the Committee (Senate Standing Order 16).
Rules for Voting: None
Minutes: Submitted to Senate
- Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office
- Further information, including schedule of meetings and deadlines, and guidance on submissions