The Programmes and Partnerships Approval Committee
is responsible to Senate for detailed scrutiny of full proposals for new
programmes, collaborative arrangements, student exchange arrangements, professional
accreditations and major changes to programmes.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Programmes and Partnerships Approval Committee, please contact Wendy Hopkins (ext 3118, email W.Hopkins@bath.ac.uk).
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Mr H White||Chair, appointed by Senate||
|Mr T J Ibell||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Engineering & Design||
|Professor S Gough||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Professor G J Price||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Science||
|Dr N Kinnie||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean and Head of School of Management||
|Ms M Woodward||Head of Learning Partnerships||
|Dr J Darling||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Engineering and Design nominated by the Dean of Engineering and Design||
|Dr F Gillison||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences nominated by the Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences||
|Dr M V Hejmadi||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Science nominated by the Dean of Science||
|Dr R Branston||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the School of Management nominated by the Dean of the School of Management||
Minutes Secretary: Catherine Harrison, Quality Administrator, Learning, Teaching Enhancement Office
The following Officers routinely attend meetings of the Committee:
|Mrs W Hopkins||Quality Enhancement Officer, Learning, Teachingand Enhancement Office|
|Mr J Arthur||Senior Assistant Registrar (Student Records and Examinations Office)|
|Mr A Howman||Head of International Office|
The following may attend for particular items, subject to the approval of the Chair: External and Internal persons with relevant expertise to advise the Committee members of academic staff to present proposals to the committee
- To undertake detailed scrutiny for grant of full approval to new
programmes (whether to be delivered by the University or a collaborative
partner) and make recommendations to Senate accordingly.
- To consider and approve:
- requests for lighter touch paperwork and scrutiny requirements in relation to the full approval of new programmes (including variants of existing awards and new exit awards) and collaborative provision where the potential benefits are considered to outweigh the risks;
- the arrangements for the delivery of an existing programme, including research degree programmes, by a collaborative partner, following detailed scrutiny of their capacity to meet University of Bath standards;
- the renewal of the arrangements for collaborative provision, including colloborative arrangements in research degree programmes, following detailed scrutiny of a collaborative partner’s capacity to maintain University of Bath standards in their delivery of the programme of study;
- proposals for new, modified or renewed exchange arrangements, following appropriate scrutiny;
- major changes to programmes of study (other than the withdrawal of programmes or collaborative provision);
- exemptions to the University’s academic infrastructure;
- professional accreditation submissions.
- in relation to the School of Management, Degree Scheme Review outcomes and action plans and determination of the process for monitoring implementation of each action plan in line with expectations set out in the Quality Assurance Code of Practice.
- to approve cross-programme changes and policies relating to collaborative provision.
- Wednesday 10th July 2013
- Wednesday15th May 2013
- Wednesday 24th April 2013 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 20th March 2013
- Wednesday 27th February 2013 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 23rd January 2013
- Wednesday 21st November 2012
- Wednesday 7th November 2012 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 31st October 2012 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 3rd October 2012 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 11th July 2012
- Wednesday 30th May 2012 - CANCELLED
- Monday 28th May 2012
- Wednesday 16th May 2012
- Wednesday 25th April 2012 (date to be rearranged)
- Tuesday 24th April 2012
- Wednesday 21st March 2012 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday 25th January 2012
- Wednesday 9th November 2011
- Wednesday 5th October 2011
- Tuesday 12th July 2011
- Tuesday 31st May 2011
- Tuesday 10 th May 2011
- Tuesday 3rd May 2011 - Cancelled
- Tuesday 12th April 2011
- Tuesday 23rd March 2011
- Tuesday 25th January 2011
- Tuesday 16th November 2010
The minutes and summaries of meetings of the Programmes and Partnerships Approval Committee published above exclude information which the University has declared will not be routinely published under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information about the Act (including the reasons why such information is exempt from publication) is available at http://www.bath.ac.uk/foi/faqs-staff-general.htm. If you have any queries about the business conducted by the Committee, please contact Wendy Hopkins (ext 3118, email W.Hopkins@bath.ac.uk).
Membership: The term of office for nominated members of the Committee
is three years (renewable). In the event that a nominated member
ceases to be eligible to serve, a replacement to serve for the remainder
of their term of office will be nominated (renewable).
Co-option: At the discretion of the Committee in accordance with Senate Standing Order 16.
Alternates: Permitted in accordance with Senate Standing Order 17.
Quorum: One third of the membership of the Committee (Senate Standing Order 16).
Rules for Voting: None
Minutes: Submitted to Senate, Academic Programmes Committee and Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee.