The Committee makes recommendations
to Senate on the conferment of Honorary Degrees.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Honorary Degrees Committee, please contact Clare Henderson (ext 3400, email email@example.com).
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Professor Dame Glynis Breakwell||Vice-Chancellor, Chair||
|Mr S Appleton||Member of Council elected by Council||
|Mr D Medlock||Member of Council elected by Council||
|Professor M Davidson||Member of Senate elected by Senate||
|Professor J Davenport||Member of Senate elected by Senate||
|Professor B Morley||Member of Academic Staff elected by Senate||
|Dr S Wharton||Member of Academic Staff elected by Senate||
The following Officers routinely attend meetings of the Committee:
|Mr M Humphriss||University Secretary|
|Mr G Maggs||Director of Development and Alumni Relations|
- To recommend to Senate for approval persons worthy of the conferment of an honorary degree and the appropriate degree for each such person.
- To appoint Orators for recipients of honorary degrees.
- To recommend to Council and Senate the waiving of Ordinance 14.12 if necessary when appointing Orators for recipients of honorary degrees.
- To recommend to Senate the criteria for honorary degree nominations.
- To recommend to Senate the annual award of the Chancellor's Medal.
- To determine the procedures for submission and consideration of honorary degree nominations and subsequent award of honorary degrees.
- Wednesday 5th June 2013, 1.15pm
- Wednesday 6th March 2013, 10.15am
- Tuesday 23rd October 2012 , 10.15am
The minutes and summaries of meetings of the Honorary Degrees Committee are not published here because they contain information which the University has declared will not be routinely published under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information about the Act (including the reasons why such information is exempt from publication) is available at http://www.bath.ac.uk/foi/faqs-staff-general.htm. If you have any queries about the business conducted by the Committee, please contact Clare Henderson (ext 3400, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointment of Chair: The Vice-Chancellor takes the Chair.
Membership: The Vice-Chancellor/Two members of Council who are not members of Senate elected by Council/Four members elected by Senate and hold academic posts at the University, of whom two shall be members of Senate.
Co-option: See Council Standing Orders 16(iv) and 16(v)
Alternates: See Council Standing Orders 17(ii) to (iv)
Quorum: One third of the membership (Council Standing Order 16(vi)).
Rules for voting: None specified.
Minutes: Submitted to Senate.