The Quality Assurance Committee is
responsible to Senate for ensuring that the University has a rigorous
and responsive quality assurance framework in place.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Quality Assurance Committee, please contact Sue Chopping (ext 3118, email S.Chopping@bath.ac.uk).
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Mr H White||Chair, appointed by Senate||
|Prof B Morley||Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching)||
|Mr M Benka||Students’ Union Vice-President (Education)||
Chairs of Faculty/School/Division Teaching and Quality Committees:
|Prof K Judge||School for Health||
|Dr F Laughton||Faculty of Science||
|Dr C Strong||School of Management||
|Ms G van der Velden||Division for Lifelong Learning||
|Dr C Winnett||Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Mr A Wright||Faculty of Engineering & Design||
|Co-opted by the Committee|
|Dr M Hejmadi||Faculty of Science||
The following Officers routinely attend meetings of the Committee:
|Mr R Angood||Director of BUCS|
|Dr J Harris||Deputy Academic Registrar|
|Mr J Macdonald||Head of Enhancement & Development, LTEO|
|Mr H Nicholson||Librarian|
|Ms C Slack||Students' Union Representation and Democratic Services Co-ordinator|
- The development and implementation of an effective and efficient quality assurance and enhancement framework;
- The promotion and implementation of quality related strategic developments within the quality assurance and enhancement framework and in accordance with the University’s Corporate Plan and Vision Statement;
- The audit and evaluation of the University’s quality assurance procedures, assessment regulations and the development of strategies for improvement;
- Monitoring of quality assurance and enhancement mechanisms implemented at Faculty/School/Division/departmental level including the consideration of annual quality reports;
- Approval of major changes to programmes of study;
- Withdrawal of all current collaborative and student exchange teaching and learning arrangements with partner organisations;
- The monitoring of all professional accreditation activities and external assessment activities;
- The monitoring and oversight of all Faculty/School/Division /departmental internal quality assurance reviews;
- The establishment of effective channels of communication to ensure the dissemination of good practice.
- 18 July 2008 (additional)
- 1 July 2008
- 20 May 2008
- 18 March 2008
- 1 February 2008 (additional)
- 25 January 2008
- 21 November 2007
- 8 October 2007
Please note that the summaries and minutes of meetings of the Quality Assurance Committee published above exclude information which the University has declared will not be routinely published under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information about the Act (including the reasons why such information is exempt from publication) is available at http://www.bath.ac.uk/foi/faqs-staff.htm. If you have any queries about business conducted by the Committee and cannot find reference to it in the summaries/minutes published here, please contact Sue Chopping (ext 3118, email S.Chopping@bath.ac.uk).
Membership and Appointment of Chair: The Chair of the Committee
is normally a Senior Professor, appointed by Senate on the nomination
of the Executive Committee.
Co-option: See Senate Standing Orders 16(ii) and 16(iii).
Alternates: See Senate Standing Orders 17(iii) and (iv).
Quorum: One third of the membership (Senate Standing Order 16).
Rules for voting: None specified.
Minutes: Submitted to Senate and to Faculty/School/Division Teaching and Quality Committees (for information).
- Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office
- Quality Assurance Code of Practice
- Schedule of Meetings and dates for papers