The University of Bath Records Management Service was established in
1998 and is available to all University administrative and academic departments.
It aims to ensure that all recorded information is created, maintained,
controlled and disposed of in a way that facilitates its most efficient
and effective use within the framework of relevant national legislation.
Please note that, unfortunately, owing to lack of space, it is not possible
to provide storage for research-related records.
The Service may be able to help you in one or all of the following ways:
- Advice on all aspects of records-keeping and the implementation of
the University Records Retention Schedule (how to get rid of records,
- Secure storage for ('retired') semi-current records in the University
- Speedy and efficient retrieval and delivery of information as and
- Confidential destruction of ('dead') records when they come to the
end of their working life.
- Early identification and transfer of archival material to the Library
for permanent preservation.