International Student Advice Team
Experts in immigration advice for students.
|Monday||10:00 - 12:00||Student Services Centre, 4 West|
|Wednesday||13:30 - 15:30||Student Services Centre, 4 West|
|Thursday||10:00 - 12:00||Student Services Centre, 4 West|
Please attend a drop-in advice session if you have a general enquiry. You can expect a 10 minute meeting with an adviser.
An adviser will be available during the above drop-in times. If you arrive near the end of the drop-in session and others are waiting, you may be asked to come to another session.
Request an appointment online or come to the Student Services Centre in 4 West.
1:1 confidential daily appointments:
- Check and Send Service appointments: Tier 4 student visa extension applications which are ready to be checked and sent (forms must be filled in and documents ready. General questions to help you prepare your application should be asked during a drop-in advice session).
- Other immigration category general information and form checks (we do not send these applications).
- Changes in studies and how this impacts on visa requirements
- Welfare issues requiring more than 10 minutes.
International Student Advisers
Our International Student Advisers support all our international students during their stay at Bath. Drop-in and see us for advice or guidance during one of the drop-in advice sessions or make an appointment.
Tier 4 (General)
- Check and Send Service for student and dependant applications
- Check and Send Service for applications that have been returned as invalid or refused (where possible within UKBA requirements)
- CAS requests for current students
- Visa requirements and conditions
- Advice on how changes to your studies can impact your visa requirements
Tiers 1, 2 and 5 - working in the UK after studies
- Advice and checking service for applications (we do not send applications)
Other UK visas
- General information and referral but we cannot offer advice
Invalid visas, refusals, administrative reviews and appeals
- General advice and check and send service for straight-forward cases. Information and referral to a solicitor for complex cases.
- Basic information and referral.
- Appointments for information and providing an overview.
- We are not trained immigration advisers for non-UK visas.
- Cultural adaptation
- Support for families of international students
What we do not do
- We are not trained to advise on non-UK visas and certain UK visas and complex cases. We will notify you if we feel your case is outside our area of expertise and provide information to help you consult an immigration practitioner.
Working closely with the Students' Union
We encourage international students to get involved with activities organised by the Students' Union.
For example, taking up a volunteering position has enhanced many of our students' CVs and offered employers real skills.
We work closely with the Students' Union to ensure that international students' needs are represented and always taken into account.
You can access free legal advice through the Advice and Representation Centre. They can also help you through academic appeals and check your housing contract is legal.
International Students' email list
All new international students are automatically added to our email list each autumn. Let the International Student Advice team know if you need to be added or removed.
We will send you weekly emails summarising forthcoming social events, trips to places of interest, changes to immigration rules and other items of relevance to international students.