1. Stuff Dates with Walnuts
2. Line Dates across plate or dish (how many dates depends on size of dish)
3. Mix corn oil and flour in a pan and fry till golden brown and creamy
4. Pour mixture on top of dates till they form a layer.
5. Put everything in preheated oven (200o Celsius) for 20 minutes.
6. Optionally, when done cover with another layer of icing sugar and garnish with cinnamon, walnuts, and sesame seeds. Traditionally, the cinnamon is used to form designs (for example, concentric circles).
1. Mix together 125g of flour, 2 eggs, 80g of sugar, 30g of melted butter, about 2 teaspoons of rum or kirsch (a cherry alcohol) and a pinch of salt.
2. Add 1/3 litre of milk.
3. Preheat the oven.
4. In a tray put 750g of cherries, and pour gently over the pastry. The cake must be 2 or 3cm thick.
5. Put it in the oven for at least 30mn at thermostat 3-4. Obviously the cooking time depends on your oven, in my student kitchen it took me 1h15!!