Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL)
The Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Team in the Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT), works closely with academic departments and professional services to provide support for the effective use of technology to enhance learning, teaching and assessment. Our work is aligned to the University's Education Strategy.
- Unit Evaluation Refresher sessions - 28 March 2017 or 12 April 2017
Key areas of activity include:
- supporting departments and individuals in (re)designing curricula in order to take account of the benefits offered by technology to enhance the student experience (including ‘flipping’ techniques)
- providing advice and guidance on digital assessment and e-marking and e-feedback methods (including rubrics, statement banks, audio feedback, etc)
- troubleshooting and providing ‘how to’ advice on the use of learning technologies
- showcasing examples of technology-enhanced learning and teaching practices and facilitating networking and discussions to share best practice
- leading pilot projects to evaluate the effectiveness of new learning technologies and integrations
- running a dedicated support service for our range of learning environments/tools (including telephone and email support)
- supporting the development of learning technology bids for external funding
- horizon scanning and advising on current and future national/international developments.
If you are interested in educational innovation, have a specific learning and teaching challenge (for example, effectively teaching large groups, providing more timely feedback, etc) or are simply interesting in what technology can do for you and want to know how others are using it, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
We can also keep you informed of current practice and national developments through our liaison with national groups, bodies and other relevant organisations, including the:
- Heads of e-Learning Forum (HeLF)
- Association of Learning Technology (ALT)
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC)
- Higher Education Academy