Bath Scheme Fellows awarded in March 2017
Fri Apr 07 15:18:00 BST 2017
Congratulations to our latest Higher Education Academy Fellows via the Bath Scheme
The Bath Scheme provides a route for experienced teaching staff to use their experience to gain a formal teaching qualification and nationally-recognised Fellow of the HEA status. The Bath Scheme compliments our Bath Course for new academic staff and forms part of our drive to improve teaching standards for all students at the University of Bath.
Professor Andrew Heath, the Director of the Centre for Learning and Teaching said, "The Bath Scheme provides you with the opportunity to gain a formal teaching qualification based on your teaching experience. Reflection through the process has benefits for you, your students and the wider University community and I would strongly encourage experienced teaching staff to participate if appropriate."
The Bath Scheme’s Director, Dr Rachael Carkett, manages the scheme and with the support of the Departmental/Division Bath Scheme Champions applicants are supported through the process.
Dr Tim Hill from the School of Management said that, “The scheme is extremely valuable, inviting you to reflect on why you teach the way you do and to consider where improvements can be made."
Congratulations to the following colleagues went through the Bath Scheme in March 2017:
- Dr Michael Bloomfield, Lecturer, Dept of Social and Policy Sciences - Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Gerta Cami-Kobeci, Research Officer, Dept of Pharmacy & Pharmacology - Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Daniela Defazio, Lecturer, School of Management - Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Timothy Hill, Lecturer, School of Management, - Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Marcel Ortgiese, Lecturer, Dept of Mathematical Sciences - Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Ms Hilda Phan, GTA, Dept of Pharmacy & Pharmacology - Associate Fellow of the HEA
- Clive Martyn Lee, Course Leader, Skills Centre - Fellow of the HEA
- Nathalie Vermeire, Pre-sessional Course Leader, Skills Centre - Fellow of the HEA
- Dr John Chew, Senior Lecturer, Dept of Chemical Engineering - Senior Fellow of the HEA
- Jackie Dannatt, Writing Centre Leader, Skills Centre - Senior Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Nina Parish, Senior Lecturer/DoS, Dept of Politics, Languages & International Studies - Senior Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Hugo Santiago Sanchez, Lecturer, Dept of Education - Senior Fellow of the HEA
- Dr Cassie Wilson, Senior Lecturer, Dept for Health - Senior Fellow of the HEA
University strategic priorities means that we are currently focussing on core teaching staff achieving Fellow where appropriate. Guidance and support for those seeking Senior Fellow is provided in departments currently.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Bath Scheme, please contact your
Departmental/School of Management Division