Representing research staff
Research Staff Working Group
The Research Staff Working Group (RSWG) represents research staff at the University. It seeks to improve the working practices, skill levels, job satisfaction and career management of researchers in order to recruit, retain and get optimal performance out of the best possible research staff.
In particular, the RSWG does this by:
- Promoting implementation of the Code of Practice for the Employment of Research Staff [pdf, 146KB] as well as the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Research Staff at all levels in the University.
- Providing a forum in which issues raised by Research Staff can be discussed
- Providing a forum through which the University can consult research staff on matters affecting them.
- Identifying issues arising from the Career in Research Online Survey (CROS) and other consultations.
- Reporting on its activities to the University Research Committee.
The RSWG was first set up in October 2004 as a response to the 2003 Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) of research staff and reports to the University Research Committee.
Currently chaired by Prof. Andrew Plummer