European Documentation Centre
EU print resources in the EDC
The Library has a substantial European Documentation Centre, which serves the University and other Higher Education users in the area. It is split into three areas:-
- EDC journals - a discrete collection, with study space, located near the East staircase on Level 5.
- EDC books - integrated with the main bookstock, but all shelfmarks begin 337.
- EDC statistics - integrated with the statistics collection on the West side of Level 5.
Help with finding information
For help using the print and online collections, please contact the EDC librarian, Katy Jordan <K.M.Jordan@bath.ac.uk> School and F.E. enquirers should telephone the European Resource Centre, Gloucester on 01452 427204; Small and Medium Enterprises should telephone the EIC (European Infomation Centre) in Bristol Chamber of Commerce on 0117 9737373.
EU Information on the Internet
- Europa This is the main EU site. Using the menus it is possible to browse to the right subject areas and find your way to the key documents in any particular area. You may find it simpler to search across the website by using Search Europa.
- Council of the European Union
- European Parliament
- European Commission
- Economic and Social Committee
- Committee of the Regions
- General Report (on the Activities of the European Union)
- Official Documents (including Green and White papers, many full-text)
- EUR-Lex (current EU legislation, many full-text)
- Rapid (daily press releases from EU institutions)
- UK Representation (of the European Commission)
- Eurostat (statistics)
- Eclas (European Commission library database)
- Exeter EDC Information (courtesy of Patrick Overy - EDC Librarian, University of Exeter)
- European Information Association