For scanned articles and book chapters from the University of Bath Library
The Library offers a request service for copies of journal articles and book chapters from our print collections. These are scanned and then sent to your University email address.
The service is open to all students and staff of the University of Bath and to External Members of the Library.
How do I make a request?
Before submitting the request form, please check that your request falls within the limits set by copyright, being a single article or book chapter (or 5% of the whole item, whichever is greater).
Please order online using the Bath Copies Request Form [Word document].
Alternatively you can submit your request via the Library Catalogue by following these simple steps.
- Search the Library Catalogue for the title you would like a digitized extract from.
- Ensure you are logged in.
- Click the Shelf Locations tab.
- Click on the Bath Copies scan link in the request options.
- In the Item Details field enter the following details article/chapter title, page numbers, volume, issue (failure to provide these details may lead to a delay in processing your request).
- Select a date from the Not Needed After calendar.
- Tick the copyright declaration box.
- Finally, click the Request button option to submit your request.
- Please allow 2-3 working days for your item to be supplied.
What happens next?
What if the Library does not hold the item I need?
Please note, we cannot offer a print service for content from the Library's e-resources. If you need materials which are not in Library stock nor available online, please see the Inter-Library Loans Service.
- Tel: +44(0)1225 386583
- Fax: +44(0)1225 386229
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org