Quick reference resources
- Oxford English Dictionary: the accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. Please note that for a guide to current spelling and English language practice, we recommend the following complementary resource: The Oxford Dictionary of English.
- Oxford Reference Online: bilingual dictionaries, thesauri, encyclopedias and other reference works - specialist works cover arts, languages, politics, science and social sciences.
- Grove Art Online
- Merriam-Webster: US English dictionary
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Wikipedia: large free-content encyclopedia that anyone can edit. It is produced by the Wikimedia Foundation, whose goals are to develop/maintain open content, wiki-based projects & to provide full public access to those projects, free of charge. Variable coverage. Accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
The Careers Advisory Service provides careers information, advice and guidance services for students and graduates of the University of Bath. You will find the service on the Parade, between the Library and the Students' Union. The careers website includes:
- Student home page: including Getting Started
- Careers Information Resources: to get that competitive edge, also check out the following guide: Get that Job: Using the Library and Careers Advisory Service
- Nexis UK Enter keywords to search across a wide range of newspapers
- Ask Numbers: unit conversions for power, light, speed, acceleration, volume, pressure, energy/work, electrical, density, viscosity, data transfer, heat & other measurements
- xe.com Universal Currency Converter
- Directory Enquiries: BT Phonebooks & area/country codes
- Streetmap: UK street maps
- Yell: yellow pages
- AA Route Planner: planning journeys by road in UK or Europe
- Traveline: plan your journey, by bus, coach, train or any combination
- Network Rail Timetable information for Great Britain
- TrainLine Timetable and online sales for GB rail network