Resources for finding reports, projects & guidelines in SPS
Search engines & subject gateways
- Community Care Inform: guidance, case studies & other documents relating to social work with Children / Adults
- Google Scholar: provides access to many unpublished research reports & working papers. Please note: off-campus users: you can access more documents via Google Scholar (GS) by connecting to GS through the library website - or by setting your GS 'Settings/library links' to 'University of Bath'.
- OpenGrey: previously the System for Information on Grey Literature in Europe (SIGLE)
- SCOOP Print Still Matters: discover which UK libraries have print collections of publications issued by parliament, government, devolved assemblies & various administrations
- Social and Behavioural Sciences: topic areas include evaluation of social policy
- Social Policy and Practice: enables you to search simultaneously the following five databases: Social Care Online, AgeInfo, ChildData, Acompline and Planex. The overall focus is on applied research and practice & more than half the references are for grey/unpublished literature including organisations' reports. Accessing documents: if you find a result of interest, click the blue and white 'Links' button to find out if a link is provided to the full document. If a link is not provided (which is often the case with reports), try searching for the document using the following: the Library Catalogue, Google Scholar and Google.
- Social Science Research Network
- UK and International Library Catalogues includes the British Library Catalogue: useful for finding printed reports & books