Additional Resources for Social & Policy Sciences
Find grey literature, reports & guidelines:
Subject gateways & scholarly search engines:
- Google Scholar: although this is multi-disciplinary search engine, it can prove a useful tool for finding unpublished reports. To access the full-text of articles you find via Google Scholar (GS), it is best to access it, either via the library's webpages or by setting 'preferences' within GS to 'University of Bath'.
- UK and International Library Catalogues: includes the British Library Catalogue: useful for finding printed reports & books
- Biz/ed: business & economic internet resources for UK academics
- European Industrial Relations Observatory On-line (EIROnline): news & analysis on European industrial relations
- OpenGrey: previously the System for Information on Grey Literature in Europe (SIGLE)
- Richard Kimber's Political Science Resources: links to UK & international resources, including Government & political party websites - resources also cover constitutional law, election data, international relations & political comment/theory
- Social and Behavioural Sciences: part of the WWW Virtual Library website - population studies, migration, ethnic relations, social policy...
- Tolerance and Non-Discrimination Information System (TANDIS): reports, international commitments/standards & other documents
- Welfare Reform on the Web: welfare, education, social housing & employment policy
- GOV.UK - UK Government website - also links to local government & quangos
- Official Documents: UK Government departmental, House of Commons & Command Papers - from May 2005 onwards. For 1994-2005: refer to Offical Documents Achive Website.
- Europa: EU's main website
- European Trade Union Institute
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE): guidance & tools on social care issues
- Third Sector Research Centre (TSRC): new research on third sector organisations & systematic reviews of existing research
- Nexis UK: information on companies and industries through full text access to The Financial Times (20 years), Global Newswire, ICC Company Annual Reports & Directory of Directors - also marketing/trade press information & national/regional newspapers from across the world - access problem? - if so, exit & then re-enter Nexis UK
Research projects & working papers
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC): in-depth details of UK social science research projects which have been granted awards by the ESRC: also access to publications & other research activities which are the products of such awards
- Max Planck Project: research papers published by the Max-Planck Project Group covering common/collective goods, law, politics & economics
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Working Papers: full-text of NBER working papers since 1994 & some prior papers
- OECD iLibrary: access to all working papers, reports, annuals, periodicals, databases, loose-leaf binders, the STI scoreboard & the OECD factbook from the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)