Frequently asked questions
Common questions we get from prospective students are available in this document .
If your query is not answered
We seek to recruit the best students from around the world. We look for applications from students whose subjects demonstrate a range of conceptual, numerical, analytical and discursive abilities at the highest level.
Your personal statement should describe your motivation for choosing business administration and information about your relevant non-academic interests and achievements. When describing relevant experience remember to reflect on what you have learnt through engagement with these activities, how they have influenced your personal development and the relevance of these to business or your future career.
Because the course involves a work placement early in year 2, your application should additionally demonstrate:
- evidence of an active interest in understanding people, work and organisations
- evidence of subjects/issues that have particularly interested you through work, project or other experience
- evidence of working with others and developing transferable skills, through work experience or involvement in an extra-curricular activity.
- Minimum grade B or 6 (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
Preference will be shown to applicants with a strong GCSE profile which should include a high proportion of A or 7 (or above) grades.
Typical offer: AAA/A*AB with specified grades per subject
A Level subject requirements
- There are no essential subject requirements
- General Studies and Critical Thinking are excluded
- Languages which are intended for non-native speakers are not normally acceptable when taken by native speakers of that language.
Preferred subject combinations
We prefer A Level (or equivalent) combinations drawn from traditional subject areas. The subjects should demonstrat a range of numerical, analytical and discursive abilities at the highest level.
Candidates offering the following types of narrow subject combinations are less likely to receive an offer:
- Business Studies and Economics
- Accounting and Business Studies
- English Literature and English Language
- Mathematics and Further Mathematics
Typical offer: 36 points including 7,6,5 or 6,6,6 in three Higher Level subjects.
Download a brochure
If English is not your first language, you will require an IELTS Academic qualification or a recognised equivalent.
IELTS: We require a minimum of 7.0 overall in the IELTS-Academic test with no less than 7.0 in any subject.
You should submit your results by 31 July 2017Read about other English language qualifications we accept.