Frequently asked questions
Common questions we get from prospective students are available in this document .
If your query is not answered
We seek to recruit the best students from around the world. We look for applications from students whose subjects demonstrate a range of conceptual, numerical, analytical and discursive abilities at the highest level.
Your personal statement should describe your motivation for choosing business administration and information about your relevant non-academic interests and achievements. When describing relevant experience remember to reflect on what you have learnt through engagement with these activities, how they have influenced your personal development and the relevance of these to business or your future career.
Because the programme involves a work placement early in year 2, your application should additionally demonstrate :
- Evidence of an active interest in understanding people, work and organisations
- Evidence of subjects/issues that have particularly interested you through work, project or other experience
- Evidence of working with others and developing transferable skills, through work experience or involvement in an extra-curricular activity.
- minimum grade B in English Language and Mathematics
Preference will be shown to applicants with a strong GCSE profile which should include a high proportion of A or A* grades.
Typical offer: AAA/A*AB with specified grades per subject
In exceptional circumstances we may make a slightly lower offer.
A level subject requirements
- There are no essential subject requirements
- General Studies and Critical Thinking are excluded
- Languages which are intended for non-native speakers are not normally acceptable when taken by native speakers of that language.
- We have a strong preference for traditional A level subjects
- We will consider a single non-traditional A-level subject as the 3rd A-level
Preferred subject combinations.
We have a strong preference for applicants with qualifications that demonstrate a breadth and depth of learning, which includes a combination of mathematics/sciences, with arts/humanities.
Candidates offering the following types of narrow subject combinations are less likely to receive an offer:
- Business Studies and Economics
- Accounting and Business Studies
- English Literature and English Language
- Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
Typical Offer: 38 points.
No subject below 5 points, including English and Mathematics. Subjects and grades may be specified in the offer.
While academic achievement is an important part of considering your application, we place a strong emphasis on non-academic attributes. Not only do we look for high achievers academically, but also those who demonstrate a wide range of outside interests and a well developed, balanced personality.
We have a strong emphasis on the balance between theory and practice - practical, industrial, entrepreneurial or voluntary work will support your application. Your personal statement and the referee's report will be considered when we evaluate your application and should therefore emphasise these issues.
Download a brochure
If English is not your first language, you will require an IELTS Academic qualification or a recognised equivalent.
IELTS: We require a minimum of 7.0 overall in the IELTS-Academic test with no less than 7.0 in any subject.