Typical UK placement salary*:
£15k - £22k*
*(per annum, pro rata)
95%* of our MSc in Advanced Management Practice students were employed within 3 months of graduating
(*out of those for whom we hold employment data)
6 months’ academic study followed by a compulsory work placement (20-22 weeks)
The only Master’s of its kind in the UK, the MSc in Advanced Management Practice (AMP) combines management education with a six-month Period of Professional Practice. Over the course of 20-22 weeks, you’ll continue studying towards your degree, while completing a placement in a company, developing transferable skills and gaining practical experience. During this period you will complete a Professional Practice Portfolio, demonstrating your ability to apply your knowledge and skills to a practical organizational context.
- The mandatory 20-22 week Period of Professional Practice forms a key feature of the MSc in Advanced Management Practice.
- The aim is to enable you to integrate theory and practice and to gain professional and personal skills that will be of value both during your studies and in your future career.
- Develop CV and career opportunities: The excellent employment rate of AMP graduates is due in no small measure to the "hands on" experience and skills they gain from their placements. Many students are offered full-time employment with their placement company, and their graduate employment prospects are increased significantly.
- 95% of our MSc in Advanced Management Practice students were employed within 3 months of graduating (out of those for whom we hold employment data)
- Major employers use the University of Bath for placements and as a recruiting ground.
- Qualifications & Training – gain qualifications, IT Skills & essential interpersonal skills.
- The salary of an AMP placement student can vary – depending on the country or sector of employment. For students placed in the UK, salaries for paid placements typically vary between £15-22k (per annum, pro rata). Salary levels might vary for international placements. Several students also pursue unpaid placement opportunities.
Organisations offering AMP placements
We have links with a huge number and variety of organisations offering six-month placements. Recent AMP students have secured placements with the following organisations:
Being a business graduate with very little work experience, I felt this was the ideal postgraduate management degree for me to improve my employability prospects.
Liya Dabup - MSc in Advanced Management Practice alumna.
Monitoring and Support
The Placements Office provides considerable assistance and guidance in finding suitable placements. Our dedicated team:
- Liaises with placement providers and the careers service
- Arranges preparation sessions for the recruitment process as part of the Professional Career Development module– CV, application & interview skills sessions, mock assessment centre
- Organises presentations by companies to provide advice on applications
- Provides counselling and continuous support
- Arranges Mock Interviews with organizations such as Accenture, PwC, Procter & Gamble, or Rolls Royce
- Arranges workshops to enhance skills required in the workplace, e.g. Presentation skills, Business Communications
- Monitors you during your placement – visits and other contact
- Delivers Pre-Placement Briefing before you leave for your placement
If you are looking to recruit students through our placements scheme, please visit our Business Connections pages for further information.