Period of Professional Placement
Our Advanced Management Practice degree offers a unique opportunity for a period of professional placement enabling you to:
- apply advanced managerial knowledge and skills in a practical work environment where project based, inter-disciplinary work is widespread;
- deal with complex issues systematically and creatively and make sound judgements in the absence of complete data and in consultation with relevant stakeholders inside and outside the organisation;
- be adaptable and show originality, insight and critical and reflective abilities which can be brought to bear on problem situations;
- be self-directed and be able to act responsibly and collaboratively in planning and implementing projects at professional levels;
- communicate conclusions to a range of audiences;
- be pro-active in recognising the need for change and consider appropriate strategies for initiating and managing change;
- reflect and evaluate systematically learning at work and conduct a sophisticated analysis of a practical management problem drawing on the taught part of the programme.
You will need to complete a Period of Professional Placement with a minimum of 20 continuous weeks of employment (excluding holidays). You will needto adhere to the Professional Placement Code of Conduct at all points of the placement process and complete and return all paperwork issued by the Placements Office in an accurate and timely fashion. You will need to receive satisfactory appraisals from the organisation in which you have been placed.
The Professional Placement Portfolio is made up of:
- Reflective Commentary – an individual assignment broken down into four sections carried out at intervals during the Professional Placement: 10,000 words in total (60%);
- Business Case Analysis on a problem or issue agreed by the employing organisation with a maximum of 5,000 words (40%).