Why study the MSc in Advanced Management Practice?
The MSc in Advanced Management Practice offers an integrated understanding of cutting-edge business issues that you can apply in practice during the placement period of your studies.
- Improve your employability - differentiate yourself from the thousands of other business/management graduates by gaining a Master’s whilst also working on practical organizational issues and gaining valuable experience that give you a real career advantage.
- Develop an understanding of contemporary management, exploring the boundary-spanning and international nature of business and debates about the role of business in society.
- Develop your managerial competencies through both project-based classroom learning and a period of professional practice. Build up your professional and personal skills by learning to put into practice the management skills learnt during your first degree.
- Dedicated activities enabling you to clarify career objectives and learn how to master the job search process.
- Our placements team will support you through your job search process and also help source suitable placement opportunities. We have links with over 200 blue chip organisations as well as the public sector, SMEs, NGOs and other organisations.
- Make better, informed career choices - experience working in an organization before committing yourself to a graduate job - build up vital practical skills and have the opportunity to ‘test out’ different management functions for 20-22 weeks.
- Earn while you learn - many of the students on this Master’s programme are able to earn a salary whilst on placement, helping them to offset the programme fees (although our students also accept unpaid placements).
- Bath’s credentials stem from our world-class faculty who are involved in leading-edge research. Our students are able to test ideas in a stimulating and intellectually challenging environment, gaining the latest thinking from researchers at the cutting-edge of their fields of interest.