Frequently asked questions
If your query is not answered
Candidates should have a good undergraduate degree (2:1 or above or overseas equivalent) in engineering, management or science. Other subjects will also be considered. An essential requirement will be students who have a high degree of maturity and curiosity with regard to producing world-class organisations in the 21st century. We also require:
- A minimum of GCSE Grade B (or overseas equivalent) in Mathematics
- A minimum of GCSE Grade C (or overseas equivalent) in English
Entry Requirements for International students
Please see the International Office website for details of entry requirements based on qualifications from your country.
In addition, all non-native speakers of English are required to have passed English language tests as follows:
- IELTS with a grade of at least 6.5 overall and no less than 6.0 for any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing, speaking);
- TOEFL: an iBT score of 92 (with at least 21 in Writing, 21 in Listening, 22 in Reading, 23 in Speaking); or
- PTE Academic: an overall score of 62 with no less than 59 in any element
Please note these requirements are in line with the UKBA guidelines and may be subject to change at any time. Please continue to check the website. IELTS, TOEFL or PTE results must have been achieved within the last two years.
If English is not your first language but you have completed the whole of your undergraduate studies in the UK, you are exempt from IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE requirements.
Our TOEFL code is 0971.
Please contact the MSc Admissions office if you have any queries.
If you need to develop your English language skills, the University’s English Language Centre offers a number of courses.