Frequently asked questions
If your query is not answered
- Candidates for this programme should have a good first degree (2:1 or above or overseas equivalent) in any discipline except business
- We also require a minimum of GCSE Grade C (or overseas equivalent) in Mathematics and English
- It is not necessary to have any work experience or any prior knowledge of business disciplines.
- This programme is open to graduates who currently have little or no business experience.
Entry Requirements for International students
Please see the International Office website for details of entry requirements based on qualifications from your country.
In addition, all non-native speakers of English are required to have passed an English language test as follows:
- IELTS with a grade of at least 7.0 overall and no less than 6.5 for any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing, speaking);
If English is not your first language but you have completed the whole of your undergraduate studies in the UK, you are exempt from IELTS requirements.
If your English proficiency falls below our minimum entry requirement, you are invited to explore Pre-Sessional Management courses (academic skills and English language) available from the University of Bath Academic Skills Centre with entry points in October, January, April and July. If you have achieved IELTS 6.5 or above, you may be eligible for a combined offer of admission. A combined offer means PSM5 (a 5 week Pre-MSc course) is combined with your MSc, making a thirteen month course.
Please contact the MSc Admissions office if you have any queries. Please note these requirements are in line with the UKBA guidelines and may be subject to change at any time. Please continue to check the website. IELTS results must have been achieved within the last two years.