Please note: we are now located in East Building Room 2.2
The University of Bath is one of the leading UK universities. To compete with other universities for the best staff, students and funding, it must raise its media profile to draw attention to its excellent teaching and research, business links, community activities and sporting success.
The Press Office prepares and writes press releases, sends them to you for approval, distributes them to the appropriate media and handles any subsequent enquires (or passes them on to you). The Office gives advice on who to talk to, and how, and on how to handle radio and TV interviews.
Do you have a news story?
- Have you been given a grant for some research?
- Do you have existing or completed research news that you would like widely known?
- Is your department about to open a new facility?
- Is an article you have sent to a journal about to appear?
- Are you making a speech or giving a lecture at a conference?
- Are you are organising an event and would like publicity beforehand?
- Are you working with local schools?
- Do you need to communicate with students, researchers business or any audience?
These are some of the items we can turn into press releases. If your information does not make an external press release, it could still feature on our home page as a news item or in our Friday email bulletin to all staff.
- If you are drafting a press release
- If planning to take part in filming on campus
- If you have been contacted by a journalist
- For advice on how to deal with the media
- If you are working on a press release with collaborators from other organisations