We are responsible for the corporate image and reputation of the University. The team consists of specialists in:
- public relations
- corporate social media
- internal communications
- issues management
- reactive press handling and crisis communications
- corporate events management
- the production of corporate publications.
The Press team work with staff, academics, professional services and other groups to publicise University news and activities (research, events, awards, etc.) through:
- mainstream media (local, regional, national and international)
- specialist media
- social media channels.
If you are a member of a media organisation, we can put you in touch with experts who can help you with your research. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Read current and archived press releases by category.
- advises departments on planning and delivering internal communications
- manages the delivery of news and event information to the University community via a range of channels including the staff homepage
- organises the Let's Talk open staff meetings once a semester and facilitates the annual programme of Vice-Chancellor's visits to departments.
The Events team organise a wide range of University events including:
- graduation ceremonies
- University Open Days
- public lecture programmes
- Founders Day
- VIP and royal visits
- the opening of new buildings.
We produce publications for a range of audiences within the University community including:
- Annual review: a summary of the University’s activities and highlights during the academic year and its accounts.
- About Bath: Published annually, the booklet provides a quick guide to all that is great about the University of Bath.