Web Awareness and Web Writing
If you are a member of professional services (administrative departments):
- Complete the booking form
- If we approve you for training, we will then email you to confirm your place
If you are in a department, research group or centre:
Faculty Web Editors are responsible for assessing and approving training needs, handling requests and delivering the training:
- All new web editors: compulsory for new editors, highly recommended for existing web editors
This initial course is designed to prepare you for understanding how audiences understand and use websites and how to write text that is engaging and useful. How to edit content in the CMS will not be covered.
- Background: the University website and its changes - why and how
- The Visual Identity and Web Standards
- The web audience: web behaviour and web writing
- Improving web content: plain English, web writing and layout
- Preparing and planning your web content
- Aspects of accessibility
- Being aware of the legal bits...
- What's next? What's a CMS and what does 'Editing in the CMS (essentials)' course cover?
- Knowing what to refer to:
- Faculty Web Editors (for departments, research groups/centres) or
- Web Services (for professional services)
- Two hours, with a small refreshment break
You completed the course: got any comments?