What does LIMA offer?
LIMA are able to offer a range of services to industry utilizing our expertise in the areas of large volume metrology and metrology assisted assembly.
- R&D in metrology, measurement assisted automation and metrology for low carbon industry
- Verification of instruments and complete metrology enabled processes
- Metrology application consultancy
- Delivery of complete solutions
- Measurement services – providing instrumentation and expert users
- Training of industry staff
The core activities of LIMA are at TRL 4-6 although we also offer some TRL 1-3 research though partnering with academics and also some TRL 7-9 measurement services. LIMA can therefore be a one-stop-shop for customers wanting access to or help in securing academic research services, commercial contract work or advice from the UK NMi (NPL).
- iGPS capability study
- Developing metrology enabled processes with Airbus as part of the Advanced Low Cost Aircraft Structures (ALCAS) project
- State of the Art review of Metrology Assisted Assembly (MAA) for Airbus as part of the Next Generation Composite Wing (NGCW) project.