The University of Bath and the University of Alicante uphold an Institutional Cooperation Agreement that allows both universities to make use of their expertise to exchange opportunities for the professional development of their academic and administrative staff.
To this effect, we send and receive members of staff from Bath and Alicante to participate in language courses whilst also raising cultural awareness.
We have been running this exchange successfully for the last eight years and colleagues have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
On their return, the majority have continued to develop their language skills through the Spanish courses run by the University. They have also established valuable contacts with colleagues in Alicante.
The selection process for this coming summer is now underway:
What is on offer:
- Free registration for 10 members of staff from Bath to participate in a two-week *intensive Spanish course (15 hours tuition per week. ie 3 hours every morning);
- Free accommodation and breakfast at the Villa Universitaria;
- Free access to the sports and other facilities available at the University of Alicante;
- Some cultural activities will be organised.
(*Please note that this is a study break and that the expectations of your commitment and dedication to the learning process are high.)
NB This offer is only for full time members of staff.
In the first instance priority will be given to:
- Full-time, permanent staff that have been working at the University of Bath for at least one year;
- Those who use Spanish in their job or deal with Spanish-speaking students or our students learning Spanish;
- Of those who meet the criteria, the places will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis. ie the order in which we receive the application forms.
Courses start on 4 July for all levels.
If you are interested, please download and complete the application form and send it to S.Stanford@bath.ac.uk by Friday 1 April.