Related Links

Student Money Service
Wessex House 2.33
(located on the parade just past Barclays Bank near Pharmacy)
Ext 6968

» submit an item · an event

Internal News - 20 April 2007

Student finance applications for 2007/08 continuing UK students

A message from the Student Money Service:

To ensure payment of your student loans and/or grants at the start of the 2007 autumn term, you will need to apply for your student finance by the following dates:

• a continuing student needs to make a new application for financial help each academic year and use application form PR1.

If you apply for non income assessed financial support, you must apply by 27 April 2007.

If you apply for income assessed financial support, you must apply by 25 May 2007.

• if you are a continuing student and you have not applied for student finance before, you should use the deadline dates as for new students and use form PN1. (Non assessed 27 April; assessed - 29 June).

If you apply after these dates your application will be processed as quickly as possible, but may not be guaranteed to be assessed and released in time for the start of the academic year.

If you completed a paper application form last year the application forms should be automatically re-issued to you. For this reason, it is vital that you keep your Local Authority, Library Board or Award Agency up to date with your contact address. If you do not receive an application form, please contact them.

If you submitted an online application last year, then it is expected that you will apply online again this year. If you require a paper application form, contact your Local Authority, Library Board or Award Agency and request that one is sent to you. Alternatively, you can download one from the relevant website (see Related Links).

Foundation Degree: If you are in your second year and are planning to do the ‘Top Up Year’ then you must inform your Local Authority, Library Board or Award Agency of your intentions and apply for student support as appropriate.

National Insurance Numbers: If you decide to take out a student loan, make sure you provide your National Insurance number. If you do not provide your National Insurance number, or you provide an incorrect one, your loan instalments may not be paid or delayed.

University of Bath Bursary: If you are entitled to the bursary then it is important that both you and your parents/guardians sign the declaration in Section 11 of the PR1 application forms. This will enable us to administer the bursary scheme to those who are eligible to receive it. This could be up to £1,500 per year.

If you have any queries, please contact the Student Money Service.