- "Long-term Environmental Monitoring System Design Considerations for Conservation and Sustainability of Buildings", Building and Environment.
- "Methodologies to Preserve Cultural Heritage from Hygrothermal Deterioration: Site Survey, Building Selection and Monitoring", Building and Environment.
- Aykut Erkal, Dina D’Ayala, Victoria Stephenson, Loss Analysis of Earthen Architectural Heritage Buildings, Reducing Risks to Cultural Heritage from Natural and Human-Caused Disasters (2012), ICOMOS, 31 October 2012 in Beijing, China
- Aykut Erkal, Dina D’Ayala, Lourenço Sequeira, "Assessment of wind-driven rain impact, related surface erosion and surface strength reduction of historic building materials", Building and Environment, Elsevier, In Press Available online 22 May 2012.
- Dr. Dina D’Ayala and Dr Aykut Erkal, "The Role of Environmental Monitoring in Conservation of Cultural Heritage", WCCE-ECCE-TCCE Joint Conference 2 on “Seismic Protection of Cultural Heritage.