Biodiesel: a short-term, renewable alternative to fossil fuels;
Fuel cells: a medium-term solution for generating electricity with very high efficiencies;
Solar cells: to meet the long-term goal of harnessing the sun's power directly.
This website provides an overview of the exhibit, and outlines the science behind each of the three technologies.
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition, 3–6 July 2006
- Glasgow Science Exhibition, 12–14 September 2006
- Buckingham Palace Science Day, 24 October 2006
- Techfest 2007, Mumbai, India, 26–28 January 2007
- BA Festival of Science, York, 10–14 September 2007