Mr Andrew McLaughlin Chief Executive, Students' Union
Chief Executive of the Students' Union (The SU) at the University of Bath.
Andrew McLaughlin is the Chief Executive of the Students' Union (The SU) at the University of Bath. The SU is an independent charity based in the University that helps students shape their experience so they get the most out of their time at University. The SU is led by elected student officers and offers five key service areas:
- Voice - helping students stand up, speak up and make their voice heard.
- Experiences - making friends and memories that last a lifetime.
- Groups - enjoying activities in communities of students.
- Support - providing advice and support on student life.
- Development - developing the skills students need to unlock their future.
The SU employs more than 50 career staff and hundreds of student workers. Its work is overseen by an independent board made up of the six elected student officers and three external trustees. The SU has a turnover of more than £4.2m and is funded by a grant from the University, membership income and commercial revenue.
Prior to joining the University, Andrew was Assistant Director of Communications at the National Trust and spent two years running Kingston Lacy in Dorset, one of the Trust's flagship properties and part of a complex business portfolio.