Adam Hickman Economic Development Manager
Securing multi-million pound funding for projects which help develop the economy, and enabling the University to secure follow-on funding for research.
Adam is based at the University of Bath's Innovation Centre. He is responsible for:
- securing grant funding, including large and strategic grants
- developing strategic partnerships between education, business and local authorities
- providing team leadership
- managing projects
- writing and evaluating business cases which are compliant with Green Book
- developing strategic economic plans
Since joining the University, Adam has project managed a £60 million capital funding bid to build a new research and innovation centre at the Bristol and Bath Science Park.
Adam has over fifteen years’ experience in economic development, with the private, public, voluntary and education sectors. He has successfully secured funding from a variety of sources, including the Local Enterprise Partnership and the European Regional Development Fund, for delivering economic development projects. Adam joined the University in February 2016 as Economic Development Manager.
Adam has a BSc in Environmental Science, from the University of Kent. He is currently undertaking a Leadership and Management qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).