Professor Tim Ibell FREng, CEng, BSc(Eng), PhD, FIStructE, FICE, FHEA Faculty of Engineering & Design Associate Dean (Research)
Tim is responsible for coordinating and promoting research initiatives across the Faculty. His research focuses on novel construction of concrete structures.
Professor Tim Ibell was appointed Associate Dean (Research) for the Faculty of Engineering and Design in 2013. The quality of research publications, funding opportunities, impact and organisation of research centres across the Faculty are central to Tim’s leadership.
- Senator and Councillor at the University
- Member of the Building Research Establishment Centre for Innovative Construction Materials (BRE CICM)
- Member of the EPSRC-funded facility, the HIVE
- Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Associate Editor of Structures
- Editorial Board member of Structural Concrete