Dr Maria Garcia Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences Director of Postgraduate Taught Programmes
Maria Garcia is responsible for supporting the development of new academic programmes, recruitment strategies and education delivery models.
Maria was appointed Faculty Director of Postgraduate Taught Programmes in August 2017.
- Politics of trade and economic governance
- EU Trade Policy (and Brexit)
- EU-Latin America/EU-Asia relations/EU-Australasia relations
- New types of trade agreements (TTIP, TPP, RCEP)
- Values and trade policy
- International political economy
- ESRC Seminar Series on Economic Governance and Integration through Free Trade Agreements (GIFTA)
Maria held positions at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand, the University of Nottingham, and Birkbeck College, London, before joining Baths' Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies in 2014. She was Director of Studies for Postgraduate Taught Programmes (Politics and International Relations) from 2014 to 2017.
She is the elected secretary of the University Association of Contemporary European Studies (UACES).