Dr Alan Hayes Faculty of Science Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching)
Alan Hayes oversees the Faculty of Science’s undergraduate and postgraduate taught learning, teaching and student experience.
Dr Alan Hayes became Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching) for the Faculty of Science in 2013.
He is a Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP).
- Director of Teaching, Department of Computer Science
- Approved assessor for the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Fellow of the British Computer Society (BCS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- National Teaching Fellow
- Use of technology in assessment
- Software Consultant, GEC-Marconi, 1984 to 1991
- Head of Division for Systems and Software Engineering, London South Bank University, 1992 to 1997
- Dean of Computing and Engineering, University of Wales, Newport, 1999 to 2005
- Dean of Newport Business School, University of Wales, Newport, 2005 to 2006
- Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching), University of Wales, Newport, 2006 to 2008
- BSc Mathematics, University of Essex, 1984
- MSc Computer Science, Brunel University, 1991
- PhD Computer Science, The Open University, 2014