Dr Anne Priest Pre-Award Development Officer
Anne advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Biology and Biochemistry
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Anne is responsible for:
- training on using the University costing system (Proposal to Award Management)
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Anne to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Anne is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval
Anne is also a Research Development Manager in RIS, where she supports academic staff to secure grant funding and realise their research ambitions.
Anne joined the University in 2016. Before this she worked at the Natural Environment Research Council as a Programme Manager.
Anne has a Master's in Environmental Science from the University of Virginia and a PhD in Biology from the University of the Bath.