Claudia Gumm Pre-Award Development Officer
Claudia advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
Claudia works Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9.30am-2.30pm and Tuesday, Thursday 9.30am-5.00pm.
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Claudia is responsible for:
- training on using the University costing system (Proposal to Award Management)
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Claudia to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Claudia is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval
Claudia joined the University of Bath in 2014. She previously worked at the University of East Anglia, and for the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education as a Project Officer.
Claudia has a degree in Educational Sciences, Psychology and Communicational Sciences from the Free University Berlin. She was awarded an MA in Human Relations by the University of Nottingham.