Jason Edwards Pre-Award Development Officer
Jason advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Chemical Engineering
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Jason is responsible for:
- training on using the University costing system (Proposal to Award Management)
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Jason to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Jason is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval
Jason joined the University in 2016. He has been involved with research support for the last three years, specifically on the pre-award element. Before this, Jason was a Researcher in Criminology and specialised in research relating to drug misuse.
Jason has a First Class Honours degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice from the University of Glamorgan. He also received the Jordan Vincent Allen award for the most outstanding student in Criminology and Criminal Justice. He holds an award in Improving Personal and Organisational Performance.