Jason Edwards Pre-Award Development Officer
Jason advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Chemical Engineering
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Jason is responsible for:
- training on using the University costing system (Proposal to Award Management)
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Jason to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Jason is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval