Catherine Bailey Student Services Manager Operations & Funding
Catherine is responsible for Operations and Funding in Student Services. This includes the Student Services Helpdesk and Student Money Advice.
Catherine was appointed Student Services Manager Operations and Student Money Advice in 2014.
She is responsible for:
- the Helpdesk in the Roper Student Services Centre
- the Student Money Advice team
- Widening Participation support programmes and the International Student Experience
- Student Services’ contribution to Induction activities
- administrative and operational support for the other Student Services teams
After graduating with a degree in Physics from the University of Bath, Catherine worked in the telecoms industry initially as an engineer, then in quality management and finally moved into business operations. During this time Catherine contributed to transatlantic fibre optic systems, project managed successful UK & European Quality Award applications and learnt a great deal from working with business leaders around the world.
Having enjoyed her time as a student in Bath, Catherine relocated her family to the city and following a career break joined the university in 2008. She worked as the Disability Support Coordinators team leader and as Manager of the Disability Service prior to her current appointment.
She has also worked as a Needs Assessor for the Disabled Students Allowance at University of the West of England.