“With our brilliant new £30M building and its 10,000 square feet of lab space, we are building on our international reputation for teaching excellence by facilitating a hub of research activity that is creative, significant for society, and internationally facing.
It’s truly a stimulating, adventurous environment for diverse students and staff.”
— Professor Greg Maio
Head of Department
Our Department is world-renowned for its excellence in both teaching and research. We have over 40 academic staff, over 100 postgraduates, and 500 undergraduates. One of our key strengths is our expertise in a broad spectrum of topics in psychology, with people who work together across the traditional boundaries.
We have been recently ranked:
- student satisfaction rate of 95% in the National Student Survey 2016
- 3rd in the Complete University Guide (in association with The Independent) 2017
- 3rd in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 2nd in the Guardian league table 2017
- 5th in the Times Higher Education league table
The teaching team is enthusiastic and approachable, and students are welcome to get involved in our lively research environment and open seminars.
We offer the following postgraduate courses:
- MSc Health Psychology
- MRes Psychology
- MRes Sustainable Futures
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Psychology MPhil and PhD
We have a distinctive research profile and a long-standing record of cutting-edge, theoretically-informed research in applied aspects of psychology.
We organise a series of seminars during term time.
Our research themes are:
- Behaviour Change and Mental Health Interventions
- BioSocial, Cognitive-Affective Psychology
- Digital Behaviour and Change
- Identities in Social and Digital Contexts
The results of REF 2014 confirm the excellence of the research carried out at Bath.
Continuing Professional Development
We also offer some Continuing Professional Development courses in Evidence Based Practice.