What's best for business? Join the debate on the impact of the EU referendum
Do you know where you stand on the EU Referendum? Is the EU the best way forward or a millstone around the region’s neck? To consider these questions, businesses and local people are invited to a debate at the University hosted by the School of Management and the Institute for Policy Research (IPR).
On Thursday, 2 June, from 6pm to 7.30pm a panel of experts from business, industry and academia will address key issues for businesses large and small across the region, including trade and investment; employment and the labour market; agriculture and the environment, with an opportunity for the audience to pose their own questions.
Our expert panel:
- Bill Durodie, Professor of International Relations at the University, focusing on risk, resilience, radicalisation and the politics of fear
- Graham Cole CBE, former Managing Director of AgustaWestland and President of the West of England Aerospace Forum
- Professor Per Holten-Anderson, President of Copenhagan Business School
- John Mills, entrepreneur, economist and Director of Labour Leave
- Nick Pearce, Professor of Public Policy and Director of the University’s Institute for Policy Research
- Lucy Woodcock, Bath graduate and President elect of our Students’ Union
The free event will be held at the Arts Theatre in The Edge, at the University’s Claverton campus.
Explore the challenge for business
The debate will be chaired by Professor Veronica Hope Hailey, Dean of the School of Management. She said: “We have the opportunity to vote in a once in a generation referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union. This debate is about ensuring that, among the sea of messages we are all hearing, we have the chance to consider the issues for our own corner of the world when it comes to business.
“We invite the local business community and anyone with an interest in our regional economy to join us to explore the challenges for business in the South West and the impact of the referendum.”
For more information and to register for the event please book online. Join the conversation on twitter #EURefBath @BathSofM @UniofBathIPR