Information for current students
Current Departmental Seminars:
Information for current students can be found on the Faculty of Science student wiki pages.
News and Events
- Congratulations to PhD student Catherine Charneski (Biology & Biochemistry) awarded the Ede & Ravenscroft Prize 2013. Two other finalists were also from the Faculty of Science: Catherine Lyall (Chemistry) and Aretha Teckentrup (Mathematical Sciences). Well done everyone!
- PhD Studentships Available
- PhD student in Sustainable Chemical Technologies begins internship at the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology
- Royal Society Award for Professor Saiful Islam for his research into new materials for the next generation of green energy devices.
- Newly Available: Industrial Placement Option in MSc in Modern Application of Mathematics degree & MSc in Computer Science programmes
We are home to postgraduate students engaged in research or taking taught courses within life sciences, physical sciences and mathematics. The Faculty comprises six departments offering taught and research postgraduate degrees:
- Biology & Biochemistry
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology
For details on Taught and Research programmes and details on the Science Departments, information on our Faculty, University and the city of Bath, please see our brochure:
Role of the Graduate School
Our role is to provide a forum for formal and informal interdisciplinary exchanges, offering both academic and social activities. Generic skills training courses are provided by the Graduate Centre via the Graduate School. The Graduate School is responsible for supporting postgraduate students throughout their lifecycle at the University; from admission, through progression stages to submission and completion.
Current interdisciplinary PhD projects
As part of our goal of cultivating cross-departmental postgraduate academic exchanges we have had a key role in establishing a number of interdisciplinary PhD projects.