Event Organisers' Guide
Many events are organised across the campus by departments and individuals for a variety of reasons and causes. If you are an organiser and you feel that your event may impact upon other University services e.g. car parking, security, accommodation, catering, etc. please follow this simple guide to assist in the coordination of events:
- Check the 'What's On' (opens in a new window) on the University website to establish what other events have been organised over the period of your proposed event.
- If your event appears to clash with another event, consider changing the date(s) and/or discuss with the Security Manager.
- Complete and submit the Submit an Event form to Security Services.
- Ensure you inform any other department that may be affected by your event e.g. Accommodation and Hospitality Services re catering and accommodation, etc.
- Add your event to the 'What's On' (opens in a new window) website
The Submit an Event form will automatically route through to the Security Manager who will carry out the following functions:-
- Check the 'What's On' (opens in a new window) and the Security operational diary for other events over that period.
- Enter the event in the Security operational diary.
- Make any necessary security arrangements.
Where it is thought that there may be a resource, accommodation or parking conflict between events which are likely to adversely affect the efficacy or reputation of the University the matter will be referred to the Deputy Vice Chancellor.