Event organisers' guide
Many events are organised across the campus by departments and individuals for a variety of reasons and causes. If you are an organiser and you feel your event may impact upon other University services, such as car parking, security, accommodation or catering, please follow this simple guide to assist in the coordination of events:
- Check the What's On pages (opens in a new window) on the University website to establish what other events will occur during the period of your proposed event.
- If your event appears to clash with another, consider changing the date or discussing with the Security Manager.
- Complete and send the Submit an Event form to Security.
- Ensure you inform any other department that may be affected, such as Accommodation and Hospitality Services for catering and accommodation.
- Add your event to the What's On pages (opens in a new window).
The Submit an Event form will automatically route through to the Security Manager who will carry out the following functions:-
- Check the What's On pages and the Security operational diary for other events over that period.
- Enter the event in the Security operational diary.
- Make any necessary security arrangements.
Where it is thought a resource, accommodation or parking conflict between events could adversely affect the efficacy or reputation of the University, the matter will be referred to the Deputy Vice Chancellor.