The University does not provide a car parking space for all potential users and having a permit does not guarantee you a parking space.
There is no on-street parking near the University, where all roads are subject to either double yellow lines or resident parking permit regulations.
Our car parking map shows the locations of our car parks.
Parking permits and Pay & Display tickets
Everyone who brings a car to campus, staff, students and visitors, will need to display a valid permit or Pay & Display ticket.
We provide a range of permits for those who wish to park here.
- Staff permits are available to all University of Bath employees, provided they hold vehicle insurance and a full driving licence that is valid in the UK.
- Student permits are extremely restricted and will only be issued in certain circumstances.
- Visitor parking permits are available through University departments. Visitors should contact the department they are visiting in advance to obtain a permit.
- We also offer permits for electric vehicles, which can be re-charged while parked on site.
Drivers are advised to apply for a permit online where possible, or at the parking office in Wessex House or the University reception desk in the library.
Pay & Display charges can be found on our travel advice pages.
The Security team perform regular patrols of all car parks, but to keep your property secure:
- park in well lit areas
- keep valuables out of sight
- keep windows closed and doors locked.