Everyone who brings a car to campus, be they staff, students or visitors, will need to display a valid permit or Pay & Display ticket.
We provide a range of permits for those who wish to park here.
- Staff permits are available to all University of Bath employees, provided they hold vehicle insurance and a full driving licence that is valid in the UK.
- Student permits are extremely restricted and will only be issued in certain circumstances.
- Visitor parking permits are available through University departments. Visitors should contact the department they are visiting in advance to obtain a permit.
- We also offer permits for electric vehicles, which can be re-charged while parked on site.
Drivers are advised to apply for a permit online where possible, or at the parking office in Wessex House or the University reception desk in the library.
The University does not provide a car parking space for all potential users and having a permit does not guarantee you a parking space.
There is no on-street parking near the University, where all roads are subject to either double yellow lines or resident parking permit regulations.
To find out where our car parks are located take a look at our car parking map.
The Security team perform regular patrols of all car parks, but to keep your property secure:
- park in well lit areas
- keep valuables out of sight
- keep windows closed and doors locked.