New international journal Families, Relationships and Societies founded
29 March 2012
Families, Relationships and Societies journal cover.
A new international journal, ‘Families, Relationships and Societies’ (FRS) has just been published. Hosted by the Department of Social & Policy Sciences, it is founded and co-edited by Dr Tess Ridge and is published by The Policy Press. It is the first European-based, international journal of its kind.
The FRS is designed to advance scholarship and debate in the growing field of families and relationships across the life course. It explores family life, relationships and generational issues from interdisciplinary, social science perspectives, whilst maintaining a solid grounding in sociological theory and methods and a strong policy and practice focus.
The title encompasses the fluidity, complexity and diversity of contemporary social and personal relationships and their need to be understood in the context of different societies and cultures.
Speaking about the journal, Karin Widerberg (University of Oslo) has commented:
"The new journal is a most welcome venue for all of us interested in how ‘we do, or could do’, intimate relations and families."
Editorial Management Board
Joint Managing Editors
- Tess Ridge, University of Bath
- Brid Featherstone, The Open University
- Joanna Bornat, The Open University
- Sarah Cunningham-Burley, University of Edinburgh
- Jacqui Gabb, The Open University (co-Editor of Open Space)
- Lynn Jamieson, University of Edinburgh
- David Morgan, University of Manchester (co-Editor of Open Space)
- Bren Neale, University of Leeds