We offer a range of high quality postgraduate programmes that all build strongly on our research activities, especially in;
- international development,
- social policy,
- social work,
We have an excellent reputation for cutting edge research and innovative teaching. Our staff collaborate with a wide range of public and private organisations locally, nationally, and across the world.
Our postgraduate student community is international in both origin and outlook. Most students already have a relevant first degree in the social sciences, but we also welcome those switching from other fields if they have relevant experience and career goals.
Master of Science
We offer the following Master of Science programmes:
- MSc Business & Community (not running during the academic year 2013/14)
- MSc International Development
- MSc International Public Policy Analysis
- MSc Wellbeing in Public Policy and International Development
Master of Research
We offer the following Master of Research programmes:
- MRes European Social Policy
- MRes Global Political Economy: transformations and policy analysis (delivered collaboratively with the University of Bristol)
- MRes International Development
- MRes Security, Conflict & Justice (delivered collaboratively with the Universities of Bristol and Exeter)
- MRes Social Policy
- MRes Social Work
- MRes Sociology
Students who want to conduct original research can undertake the Social & Policy Sciences MPhil and PhD.