We offer a range of high quality postgraduate programmes that all build strongly on our research activities, especially in:
- international development
- social policy
- social work
Alumni talk about their experience at the University of Bath, how their masters degree has helped their career and share career advice.
We have an excellent reputation for cutting edge research and innovative teaching. Our staff collaborate with a wide range of public and private organisations locally, nationally, and across the world.
Our postgraduate student community is international in both origin and outlook. Most students already have a relevant first degree in the social sciences, but we also welcome those switching from other fields if they have relevant experience and career goals.
Master of Science
Current students and Director of Studies Dr Roy Machonachie talk about studying the MSc in International Development, the placement opportunities on the programme and life in Bath.
We offer the following Master of Science programmes:
- MSc International Development
- MSc International Public Policy Analysis (suspended for 2017/18)
- MSc Wellbeing in Public Policy and International Development (suspended for 2017/18)
Master of Research
Student Giles Green talks about studying an MRes programme in the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
We offer the following Master of Research programmes:
- MRes Advanced Quantitative Methods in Social Sciences
- MRes European Social Policy
- MRes Global Political Economy (delivered collaboratively with the University of Bristol)
- MRes International Development
- MRes Security, Conflict and Human Rights (delivered collaboratively with the Universities of Bristol and Exeter)
- MRes Social Policy
- MRes Social Work
- MRes Sociology
- Social & Policy Sciences MPhil and PhD
- Advanced Quantitative Methods in Social Sciences
- Global Political Economy
- Security, Conflict and Human Rights
We also work closely with the Institute for Policy Research to deliver the Professional Doctorate in Policy Research and Practice.