3 East, Room 4.02
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 38 5593
I am currently working on a partnership research project with Bath Citizens’ Advice Bureau, led by Peter Cressey, using a modified version of ‘social return on investment’ to analyse the impact of advice services given by the Bureau (part of the 'Proving our Value' programme managed by the South West Forum and funded by the Big Lottery).
My PhD research focussed on collaborative projects that involved both service users and staff in changing public services. I researched and evaluated processes and outcomes of co-design and co-production projects within health services and local government. I have also studied performance management in the NHS, as part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership. I began my career working extensively in the voluntary and community sector and my main interests are in developing research that has strong relationships with policy and practice.
- Critical realism, action research, complexity and evaluation methodologies
- Worker participation, citizen participation and collaborative processes within public services
- Innovation and change within the diversity of public service provision. Co-production and co-design of public services.
- Analysing power and politics within governing processes
- Member of the Governance Research Group